Here are some of our most commonly asked questions:
Why can't I buy some of the services on your site?
This allows you to make sure that you have a chance to meet us and learn about us through a 15 minute free screening before you buy. Buying Training packages is like buying an experience, you want to be able to ask questions and make sure that you're in the best possible service for you and your pet.
What is the difference between a Dog Trainer, Canine Behavior Consultant, and a Veterinary Behaviorist?
Here is a brief rundown of the differences and overlapping skills sets of these three specialized skill sets.
- Teaches basic obedience
- Can help with socializing
- Teaching tricks
- Teaching dog sports like agility or flyball
- Teaching dogs jobs like rescue, detection, or retrieving
- Teaching service or therapy dogs
- Working on unruly behaviors like jumping, barking, or pulling on walks
- Partner with Canine Behavior Consultants in implementation of Training plans.
Canine Behavior Consultants:
- Work with unusual or abnormally intense behaviors like obsessive barking, fence fighting, or resource guarding
- Work on injurious behaviors like biting
- Help with problems relating to fear or anxiety
- Often works in partnership with a veterinary behaviorist. Think of this like the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist who work together to help solve problematic behaviors and ways of thinking.
- Help with behaviors not typical to dogs including extreme aggression
- Help with behaviors that are typical but are performed to an extreme degree or extreme frequency
- Help with injurious behaviors like biting
- Can diagnose and treat underlying medical issues which may be causing or worsening undesirable behavior
- Can diagnose and treat underlying emotional disorders
- Collaborates with both Canine Behavior Consultants and Dog Trainers on cases.
Where are your services held?
Our services are currently run either In Person at your home or Virtually with one of our Trainers or Behavior Consultants. Depending on the case, we may also set up a session at a local park or trail too.
What is your service range?
We serve the Greater Sacramento area. We service: Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Roseville, Fair Oaks, Folsom, Carmichael, Rocklin, Sacramento, Lincoln, and more. We have a 30 minute drive time per our service area. If you live outside that service area we charge a service fee for drive time.
What is the Travel fee?
This fee is for clients being seen out of our normal service area, the purpose is to cover the cost of staff payroll, along with mileage and vehicle wear and tear that is incurred through the extra travel. It is calculated in ten minute intervals rounded up to the closest increment . This will be charged at the time an In Person session is scheduled.
Per 10 minutes of total extra driving (There and back): $20
If extra travel is extensive enough that it prevents us from seeing our normal amount of clients that day, then a custom plan may be created to ensure that costs are covered in a way that is fair for both parties!
What kind of Services do you offer?
At this time we provide Private Training, Day Training and other services. For a full look at our Services, check out our Services tab with all of our services. You can click here to get a copy of our Full Pricing and Service Sheet.
Do you offer Group Classes?
Not currently. Check back soon for more updates here. Keep up with our Facebook page for updated information.
Once you’ve purchased services, sessions will be scheduled through our Dog Training Coordinator. A session is ONLY confirmed after you’ve received a Google Invitation with your scheduled time.
Most services are scheduled out 1-2 weeks in advance. Day Training sessions are pre-scheduled with collaboration of the client completely before the start of the training.
We have a no rescheduling policy. Please see the contract in the waiver for specifics. The boundaries of time and day for sessions are incredibly valuable, but it also needs to be maintained to uphold its value. We carry a large caseload of clients regularly who rely on predictable and consistent scheduling for progress and safety.
There are a lot of instances and times where canceling or rescheduling seems like a potentially a short term fix for an in the moment scheduling problem. Ultimately, a marker of progress in a case long term, is keeping with a predictable, consistent schedule. So, the responsibility for checking for personal or family scheduling conflicts is placed on the client to be considerate of before confirming a session.
At the same time, we understand that emergencies happen and we want to support people in those instances. If you have an emergency and need to reschedule the training session, with at least a 12 hours notice, we can reschedule the session with a fee. The fee of $60 per training hour. As a small, service based business, this rescheduling fee is not about making a profit but to cover the payroll of the time we reserved for you as that is the expense a reschedule has on us.
Sessions are non-refundable and not cancellable.